- Key sounds
- The pronunciations which the learner should focus on in that particular unit.
- Useful information
- The grammar relevant to the topic covered in the unit. This grammar is presented in context and in manageable chunks, and complicated terminology is avoided.
- Four dialogues, with accompanying translations into English. The language contained in these dialogues is natural and authentic, and reflects everyday usage.
- Vocabulary and Useful phrases
- Core vocabulary and useful phrases relating to the theme of the unit.
- A wide range of fun to-do activities based on the vocabulary and grammar presented in the unit. The written exercises are interactive. Once you’ve completed an exercise, you can click on the “Send” button and receive feedback immediately. You’re told which answers were correct and which were incorrect, you’re given the correct answers and a score. The oral exercises are accompanied by sounds files.
- These short passages aim to give the learner information about the history of the Irish language and a better understanding of Irish in the contemporary world.
- Useful tips for learners
- Handy tips on how to become a more efficient language learner.
- Talking heads
- The ‘Talking heads’ section contains video segments featuring a range of speakers, filmed on location in Dublin and Galway.
Terms and Conditions
- The use of the ranganna.com website is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are there for the protection of both you and Gaelchultúr and its agents. Therefore, please take the time to read them carefully. By using the website you will be deemed to have accepted them and that your use is at your own risk.
- The website is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and shall be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site, shall also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any dispute arises from your use of the site or any of the information on it, you agree to allow such dispute to be heard in the Irish courts
- Gaelchultúr reserves the right to make any changes it wishes to the information contained on ranganna.com, and also to the design and services provided on the site without notice and without liability. Gaelchultúr reserves the right to add to or change these conditions. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes made from time to time. You will be deemed to have accepted any changes made if you continue to use the site after it has been changed.
- We believe that all the statements made in our brochures, website and other marketing materials are accurate and correct at the time they are made. Every reasonable attempt has been made to describe the course and any other services mentioned. We cannot be held responsible for any changes that happen after the brochure is produced. (Up to date information can be found on our website). Nor can we accept liability for happenings outside our control.
- This website is owned and operated by Gaelchultúr and the information and materials appearing on the site (“the content”) are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on this site and all content included on this site (the information, the material, graphics, text, sounds, images, buttons, trademarks, trading names and logos) is the property of Gaelchultúr or its agents and are protected by copyright, trademark, database right, sui generis right and other intellectual property laws, under national laws and international treaties. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the content or use of any of the content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited.
- The company Stripe provides the online payment facility on the ranganna.com website. Realex Payments and its partner Gaelchultúr pledge that the information you enter will not be shared with any outside party without your expressed consent and that any emails you receive from Realex Payments and its partner Gaelchultúr will be related to your order only. Realex Payments and Gaelchultúr agree not to send you spam at any time. We may need to transfer the personal data you give us (such as your name and contact details), to your tutor. We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, sending you a brochure). If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, please let us know and your name will be removed from our list.
- A minimum number of participants need to register for a course, class or any type of workshop before it can take place. If that minimum is not reached, Gaelchultúr reserves the right to cancel that course, class or workshop. A notice of 24 hours will be given to those who have registered for the course, class or workshop, and the course fee will be repaid to them in its entirety.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with the course you have purchased, you are entitled to a full refund within seven days from the date you made the purchase of the course, unless you have started the course itself. If the course has commenced, you can still receive a refund up to and including the third week, but the value of the number of hours of tuition that have elapsed in the course will be deducted from the fee that you have paid and the balance will be paid to you. If you withdraw from a course, you will no longer have access to course materials (downloads or other) on the ranganna.com website. In the case of on-line courses, you are considered to have started the course once you have logged onto the course on the ranganna.com website. If you withdraw from an online course, you will no longer have access to course materials (downloads or other) on the ranganna.com website. If you are entitled to a refund, as specified in the conditions above, please contact Gaelchultúr (cf. contact details below) and inform us that you wish to be given a refund. The refund will be sent to you within 21 days.